7 Memorization Skills That Will Make You Smarter
|Image Source: Cardio High|
Learning - one of the most important skills a person associated with memory and memory process. To learn how to correctly remember the information,
1. Remembering: We reach out memoryGood work cards for memorizing. They help to extract from the memory the information associated with the fact that the card is shown.
This method is so effective because recollection strengthens neural pathways that correlate with a particular concept. Remembering is also the basis of tests. That is why the exams at school must not only be a way to assess the knowledge of students but also a teaching tool.
2. Understanding: combine new ideas with old knowledge"The better you can explain the connection of new data with what you already know, the better you learn new information, the easier it will be to remember it later",
For example, if you are trying to understand the physics lesson that such heat transfer, try to relate this concept to life experiences. For example, you can remember how hot hand from the cup of hot coffee.
3. Interleaving: alternate different types taskIt will be easier to examine an object if you switch from one subject to another.
"Interleaving different types of tasks and the knowledge develops the ability to distinguish between them and allocate the total, that is between them. This will help you later in the exam or in the real world, when problems have to identify the genus, to choose for her the right decision ",
4. Generation: find the answer, without waiting for cluesYou are far more likely to remember the answer if it comes to it yourself than if you learn it from someone else.
When it comes to learning, try to find their own answers to their questions before they begin a lesson. If the work, try to come up with their own solutions to the problem before you consult with the head.
Spend a few minutes on what to evaluate, how was the meeting or the progress of the project. You can ask yourself a few questions such as: "Is everything went according to plan?", "What can be improved?".
5. Reflection: evaluate what happened
Researchers from the Harvard Business School found that only 15 minutes spent at the end of the day the fact to record their observations and comments, increase productivity by 23%  Making Experience the Count: the Role of the Reflection of The the Individual in the Learning.
We use these techniques when we remember something, using the abbreviations, rhymes or pictures. On their own mnemonics - this is not a learning tool. They help to create cognitive maps and charts, by which it is easier to remember learned.
6. Mnemonic techniques: use tricks to remember
7. Calibration: learn its weaknesses"Calibration - is to use an objective tool to get rid of illusions and lead their own judgment in accordance with the reality",
This is an important point because we all become victims of cognitive illusions. We are confident that we understand something, but really do not understand or do not understand until the end. To determine its weaknesses, pass the test or ask colleagues to comment on your work.